Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Please Pray
Yesterday my parents watched as their entire lives were consumed by a raging fire. The picture you see here is of me and my mother as we first came on the scene. Pictures, mementos and all the things she held dear has been reduced to nothing but smoldering ash. The brave firefighters fought the blaze for nine hours but sadly, it was already too late when they arrived. My parents, both 60, walked away from their home owning nothing more than the clothes on their backs.

Please pray for my mother. She really needs to be lifted up in your prayers right now.

I bore witness to my childhood home, built by my grandfather, being eaten alive by a greedy and hungry fire. I felt violated, angry and hurt as I watched what was once recognizable become unrecognizable. My heart feels much like the house looks now. Charred and barren.

16 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope you and your parents find comfort in friends, family, and community.

5:46 PM  
Blogger D. Prince said...

Maddie,

That is truly such horrible news. My heart is with you all right now. A fire is so traumatic even when no one is physically hurt. Please know that lots of prayers are being sent to you from Canada right now.

XOXOXOXOX

6:25 PM  
Blogger T-girl said...

I am SO sorry!!!! I am saying LOTS of prayers for you and your family!!!!

Big hugs, T

6:32 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

That really sucks and I'm so sorry.

9:14 PM  
Blogger sharonje927 said...

((((Kimmie)))

I am so sorry to hear about this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too grow up in the house my grandfather built. I understand your pain.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

ohmygoodness.

yes, of course. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

ohmygoodness.

*hugs*

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry my dear. Please let me know if you ever need anything at all. I'm here for you.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cut the ass part out!!!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

no you did not come up on my blog and talk about that! I didn't cut it out...I got this picture off the internet...THANK GOD.

8:54 PM  
Blogger 小蘋果 said...

Kim, eversince I heard about this, not a single day has passed for me without thinking of you and you parents.

Sending hugs to you. *HUGZ*

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'll pray for your parents. If there's anything they need then, please, let me know.

HUGS to you,

SL

1:16 PM  
Blogger Harlot said...

OMG Kim. So sorry you and your family are going through this.. :(

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home