Thursday, July 27, 2006

Conversations With (Or About) Mother
The phone picture is a little misleading because this conversation did not take place on the phone as my parents are living with me while their house is being finished. But if God has any mercy for me, the conversations will resume on the phone shortly.

My dad and I were sitting on the back porch drinking coffee this morning and my father starts shaking his head.

"You know what yo mama did yesterday?" He asks with a disgusted look on his face.

"I have no idea." Slurp...man that coffee hits the spot. I'm sure nothing my father tells me will be surprising.

"Me and your mama went to look at the house to see if they had finished painting yet and there were some workers there and your mama starts talking to one of 'em. She's pointin' out places in the sheetrock that need to be smoothed out, and she's just a talkin'." At this point, dad uses the universal sign for jabber jaws. "And the man she's talkin' to is laugin' at everything she says so she starts puttin' on a show. You know your mama thinks she's a John Brown comedian anyway. So she's talkin' and talkin' and the man is noddin' and laughin'. Then this other man walks up to her and says 'Mam...he dosen't speak English'. Do you know your mama talked to that man for twenty mintues and he didn't' understand a word she said?"

7 Comments:

Blogger T-girl said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

6:27 AM  
Blogger 小蘋果 said...

*unable to comment due to a sudden attack of hilarity induced seizure*

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so hysterical. I think I can hear the accent as your dad tells you that. LOL

I'll be praying for you. May God please speed the house along. Amen.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

LOL! Did she keep on talking to him just in a louder voice after she found out? That's what my mom would have done.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sharie said...

ROTFLOL!!

Love your mom, Kimmie! She is soo funny!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

lol...

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as I can stop laughing, I'm sure I'll have something suitably supportive to contribute. . .

ROTFLMAO

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home