Thursday, November 09, 2006

Conversations With Mother
The above nail polish is my current color of choice. It's called 'Lincoln Park After Dark' by OPI and I've been wearing it on my toes for about a year. Well, recently I decided to paint my fingernails the same color. Something I rarely do. I'm a clear coat kind of girl. Most people don't like it in the bottle but quickly change their minds when they see it on. It's a great color for fall.

So mother comes over and she is aghast to say the least.

"What is that?" She said pointing to my fingernails.

"It's not black...it's eggplant," I said in a weary voice. "It's called 'Lincoln Park After Dark."

"I don't care if it's called Halleuliah Highway! It looks evil." She exclaimed.

"Well, it's not. And it's what's in your heart that counts anyway," I played the 'what's in your heart' card which was usually her argument when she said 'shit' or other words unbefitting of a genteel Southern Lady. It was okay for her to say 'shit' because 'shit' wasn't really in her heart I guess.

"You need to wear colors that proclaim life and uplift Jesus! Jesus is life and I don't think he would wear that color."

"Mother, I don't think Jesus would wear any color." She made it too easy for me sometimes.

"You know what I meant. There's victory in Jesus and you need to wear polish that reflects that! He's alive!" She was really getting wound up. I could tell I needed to end this as quickly as possible.

"Well. There's a new color coming out called 'Lustful Lucifer'. I plan on trying it out next month."

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! It's still funny even after hearing it in person! Especially if you know VG. Welcome back girl! I'm excited! Now tell me about Faith's freak out and what you think on the Dems taking the house! Hurry!!!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO - We've missed you!!!

I think mom needs some 'Lustful Lucifer' in her stocking. *g*

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, i agree with anon. i'd love to see the expression on mom's face when she receives a little lustful lucifer. and to be even more naughty - pen a little note saying something sarcastic and snooty.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or like the devil himself left it 4 her! LOL! but with a sense of humor... you know the whole somebody's watching, naughty/nice thing. you could work it out. :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Sharie said...

ROTFLOL!!! I have missed these conversations with your mom! Too funny!

'Lustful Lucifer'-ROTFLOLLMAO!!!! And what was your mom's reaction?

7:49 PM  
Blogger The Mistress said...

I don't give a toss what colour you wear as long as you're back with us!

11:50 PM  
Blogger T-girl said...

I have no idea why but the other night hubby was watching "Dirty Jobs" and one of the construction workers on the site takes off his boots and he has... are you ready... Dark plum nail polish and a TOE ring! I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself. Just thought I would share, it reminded me of your Mom, tell her all the construction guys are wearing it this fall!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg, that is too funny. I love your mom. lol

Welcome back, dahling! I've missed reading your blog.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe.. i was just thinking about painting my nails black today. my nails are short now and at 33... i think a bit of emo teen is just about the perfect look for an office bound insurance adjuster. ;)

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an OPI whore. Try NYPD Beet... not as dark... same good color.

K

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home