Wednesday, February 15, 2006


Is One Flake Too Much To Ask? Just One Flake...

Living in Alabama, we seldom if ever get snow. When we do, the entire area affected shuts down. Everything: roads, gas stations, schools, etc. We know we are a joke up North but frankly, I will go toe to toe with any Northerner during a heat wave on any day.

The last time it snowed to make a difference was in 1993. I was 18 and worked at the airport (what a joke...) so we had to work late the night the storm was supposed to come in and I ended up having to crash at my office managers house (the nastiest house this side of the Mississippi...roaches riding around on dune buggies). Needless to say I was in Hell and I wont even mentioned that I let Big Lang kiss me...oh God...

Well, twelve years later and nothing....no ice storm, no freezing rain...nothing. Now, we got Hurricanes (never has a storm been categorized as a Hurricane this far North in 'Bama that I am are of)...but no snow.

Now don't confuse the fact that we haven't had a snowfall with it being predicted. Oh, its been predicted lots of times...but it never happens. People fall for it every single time to and will run to the grocery store. No bread, milk or charcoal can be found for miles around. And if you think you wont get the hell beat out of you for some batteries...you are so wrong and that kind of thinking will get you 5 to 10....stitches.

So this weekend what happens? "Major Winter Event!" "How will the approaching storm affect you? Find out at 13 news at ten!", "How bad will it get? Stay Tuned to Fox 8 for school and road closings!"

Did we get snow? Noooooooooooooooooooo...not one freaking flurry...not even a flur.

But I got a freezer full of bread.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE ROACHES!!! They are just normal, and they are...icky! Whole story and THAT was what I focused on. I may be a nice girl but you can bet you arse I will kill you dead so the roaches eat you first in a nuclear holocost!

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps... NOT normal! LOL I wish you could edit these dang things!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Sharie said...

T, I despise, hate and am afraid of them...I go crazy each time I see some more so if they would get to me...Ask Sharon!

Kim, Don't worry...we never had snow too and if it would make u feel better a little thunderstorm here in Kuwait and the streets are flooded and we don't have work ;) How I wish it would storm here always :D

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home