Friday, July 28, 2006

Mel Gibson Arrested For DUI
Mel Gibson was arrested in Los Angeles early this morning by the Los Angeles County Sherriff department. His bail was set at $5000. I really hate this because I know that the critics of the director will be out in full force and questioning his commitment to the Catholic faith. I personally was very effected by the Passion Of The Christ in a powerful way. But I expect to hear comments like Mel made the movie to make money and not because of a commitment to his faith. I think Christianity is held to a different sort of standards than any other religion. People tend to forget that we are all human and make mistakes. Doesn't mean you don't love God or your show of your faith is just that...a show. It just means we all make bad choices some times.

But maybe while Mel was in jail, they shaved that grungy beard he's been sporting. Deciding to grow that out was another example of Mel's tendency to not make the wisest decisions.

4 Comments:

Blogger T-girl said...

SERIOUSLY! I thought you were going to talk about how he is getting ready for the lead in Helter Skelter or something! LMAO

Well... I detest drunk drivers, especially those of a fame background... wether they like it or not they ARE roll models thanks to their choosen profession! NOW THAT being said, I do realise people make mistakes, and sometimes people are right on that line and are not aware of how intoxicated they are. I will wait to see how he handles this though. Queen Latifa was a arrested a few years back for the same damn thing and unlike others she handled it with so much class I was "ok with it." So time will tell!

It has been known for years that Mel has a problem, I was under the impression he had gotten help and was on the wagon, this is truely sad but maybe it will force him to get help agian!

Oh and the Catholic thing, I never understood why we are held to a higher standard of religious morality. Seriously! As far as TPC I truely believe he did it for the message, I remember reading he donated the proceeds to charity but I may be wrong, I swear I saw that somewhere though. Either way even if he did not... not a big deal, the man financed EVERYTHING out of his own damn pocket.

To be honest though I am not a huge fan of Mel's- I may be the only woman in Amercica but he just is not my thing, I have heard he is kind of arogant also!

3:53 PM  
Blogger D. Prince said...

I'm with T-Girl, drunk drivers make my blood boil.

That being said I have always loved Mel. I still can't watch Tequila Sunrise without taking a cold shower immediately following. He's a great actor.

I remember when he was stopped for drinking and driving in Montreal in the early 80's, it's sad that he's still battling the drink. Catholic or not Catholic addiction to alcohol is hard addiction to beat.

11:18 PM  
Blogger sharonje927 said...

For a while there, I thought it's a picture of Saddam Hussein.

1:33 AM  
Blogger MC said...

Lady Wakefield, that's what I was going to say.

As Wayne would say: Good Call!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home