Thursday, April 19, 2007


Forgive Me Lord...I Knew Not What I Did

As I was perusing pictures for my romance novels, I came across this little gem. Me. In White Shoes. I wish I could claim this picture was taken pre-1990, but as you can clearly see, it was taken ten years ago. I will claim extreme mental duress at the time because it was the day before I was getting married and I was obviously out of sorts.

In an earlier post, it was my assertion that no matter how much you paid for a pair of white shoes, they will always look cheap. I stand by that statement.

Remember how Celebrities tried to bring the white shoe back this spring? How long did that last? Five minutes. I was so proud that many of us refused to submit to their evil machinations. Sadly, even me at one point in time was unable to ignore the lure of white pleather.

This picture will be forever branded in my cornea, because I will no longer be able to go to it in a photo album. I'm having a ceremony this afternoon and burning this picture to rid my house of the evil spirit of Pay-Less. Be gone!

Thank God there are no visible scuff marks. I would have taken to my bed for the rest of the day with my trusty bottle of Xanax with in fingertip reach.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress said...

With legs that great you can wear any damn shoes you please!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

Girl...I love you.

3:10 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

very nice ;)

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home