Thursday, April 12, 2007

Let's Get It On

About six months ago, I adopted a cat from my local animal shelter that happens to be a direct descendant of Ernest Hemingway's famous Maine-Coon cat. I had no clue...I took the cat to the vet for her shots and the vet told me he knows this because the cat has six toes on each of it's paws. He called the cat a 'Hemmy cat'. The paws look like little mittens.

And it would appear that I will soon have lots of little Hemmy's. To be honest, I didn't think there were any cats in this neighborhood. I have never seen any, but this afternoon when I came home from work, there were four sitting in my lawn eyeing each other as they waited for my slut of a cat to use the doggy door to to get outside. I tried to shoo them off, but one particularly brave cat looked at me like "Oh heeellll no. I ain't going no where!" and proceeded to walk to my front door and sprawl out on my door mat. Cheeky little devil.

I've heard the mating ritual's of felines are quite...violent. I guess that would explain the bald spot on the top of my cat's head.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, the mating ritual is quite frightening! I've seen and heard it many times growing up on the farm. Scary. If I were a cat I'd be thankful the cycle only comes around every now and then! Plus, if you know anything about feline anatomy... that dude wouldn't ever get near me if I were a hemmy. :)

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home