Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

I know you really don't want to hear what I have to say right now but I'm sorry. I had to let you go...it just wasn't working. But it's not you. It's me. I couldn't handle your four inch heel and I buckled. Literally...in the mall parking lot. I was embarrassed and hurt and I just acted out of anger. I know you didn't want to go on eBay but what else could I do? My knees were skint up. When we were together, I walked at an angle. I looked like a little girl playing dress up in her mother's shoes and I was too impatient to take the time to get to know you and your little nuances. I do miss you though and I think about you often. I miss the smell of your leather upper and the sound of your heel as it strikes the pavement. I miss the limp you gave me. I will never forget the sound of Angels as I took you from your box the very first time. I think back on all of those things and I ask myself...did I make the right decision by parting with you? I am reminded of a saying that speaks to me now more so than ever...

"If you love something...set it free. If it comes back to you...it's yours. If it doesn't? It never was."

Or something like that.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. You really loved those shoes huh?

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post was absolutely hilarious. Loved it!

(FYI, found your blog through BlogMad)...

4:53 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

Yes...Leon...I did. *snif*

I'm glad you enjoyed it Nicole!

5:00 PM  
Blogger D. Prince said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Love yours!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

i found ya via blogmad.

=)

i've wondered much the same thing with several items i've posted/sold on ebay.

but the cool thing about shoes is... that you can buy another pair and try again.

btw, the periwinkle/mid-blue color i much easier on the eyes to read than the white.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Maddie said...

Welcome Jen! Thanks for you comments.

I'm working on revamping the thing soon so maybe it will be better on your eyes soon. Thanks for the tip.

10:36 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

i will never understand why women like high heels...

1:04 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

Its a sickness...I also think its somehow in our DNA...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home