Friday, August 18, 2006

Hail Canada

Toronto is known for many things and will now be known for one more. The first ever Condom Fashion show. Franck DeRose is the executive director of The Condom Project whose aim is to get people comfortable with condoms. In order to do that, the project encourages people to make their own condom art pin. DeRose thinks that creating wearable art out of condoms attracts people who don't normally wear prophylactics (and who would that be?). Almost 400,000 condoms have been decorated and turned into broaches, pins etc.

You must admit, the dress is kinda cute.

If you have an idea for a condom pin, send me a pic and we'll post it. Just please make sure it hasn't been used.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You like the dress? I'll buy it for you. But that means you have to wear it. And not in your neck of the woods either. Oh no. You'll have to wear it in New York City. Times Square to be exact. During the height of rush hour. While the Naked Cowboy is singing to you. And waggling his eye brows. Yep. You sure do.

Now. . . if you ask me. If they want to host a condom fashion show, then they need to do it the right way. BY WEARING THE CONDOMS IN THE MANNER FOR WHICH THEY WERE DESIGNED!

I'm just sayin' is all. . . . . .

2:22 PM  
Blogger Sharie said...

ROTFLOL @ Di... girl you are hysterical!

Di, I would gladly pay the other half of the price of that dress just to see her wear it - exactly as you have described! LOL!

2:30 PM  
Blogger sharonje927 said...

Di - LOOOOOL!!!!!

I thought at first it's a mannequin with dress "skirt" made of melted wax.

Yikes, I just gave away my uhm, naivete?

LOOL!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

I would appreciate you two not ganging up on me.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're not ganging up on you. They see the wisdom of my suggestion and that my idea has great merit.

So. . . ha. ha. and HA!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even realize it's a condom dress! I thought "cute"! Damn, I need my eyes checked!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay so I'm pretty sure this is my first post EVER on your blog but I feel the need to comment as I'm Canadian.

What the HELL is that!?!?! OMG! But you know, I'm really not surprised it was a fashion show in Toronto. Toronto is full of crazies!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home