Thursday, April 26, 2007


American Idol Gives Back
Boy did they. So, there I was, crying over all the suffering in the world, and Ryan Seacrest comes on and begins to introduce Celine Dion (don't hate...I love her) and he said she was traveling back to 1968, the year of her birth, to perform a duet with the world's greatest idol. My mind was racing and I kept saying 'surely not!' over and over again (well, 'over and over again' as many times as you can in three seconds), when my body became one entire chill bump. Celine Dion did a duet with Elvis Presley and it was the most magnificent thing I've ever seen in my life. I made my children get out of bed to come 'witness history'.

I'll have the video posted soon. In the mean time, go here.

*Forgive the big cheesy picture...that's from a year or so ago when I was still in radio and we were giving away a trip to Graceland for Elvis Week. Yes, I was there and yes, I slobbered all over his GOSPEL CD and had impure thoughts. What can I say...I'm human.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl i had forgotten what you look like almost.

it was an awesome duet! too, too cool.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was absolutely amazing. I told my husband that if I was Lisa Marie I would be in a wonderful happy state of shock. To see that...it felt so real. Congrats. I can't believe some people in the audience boo'd. NO class whatsoever.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

The audience booed??? I didn't know that! I would have taken some folks DOWN if I'd been in that audience and they booed my man.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home