Saturday, February 25, 2006



Flick My Bic

"You want to play haunted house?" my older brother of four years asked.

"Sure," I said shrugging my shoulders. Whatever. There was nothing really to do anyway and this was one of the few times my brother was actually being nice to me.

"Okay. Just give me a few minutes to get the room ready. When I call for you, come in," he instructed me.

"Sounds good," I continued playing with my Barbie for about five minutes until I heard him calling for me. I got up and prepared myself to be scared. I put my hand on the doorknob and fell to my knees in pain, my hand still on the door knob. I was frozen in place, unable to let go.

Finally, the door slowly opened and my brother revealed himself. He stood there smiling a maniacle smile while holding a Bic lighter.

"What's wrong?" He asked, the picture of innocence. I cradled my hand in my lap.

"That doorknob burnt me!" I screamed at him. He had just upped the ante of our 8 year war.

"You know why it burnt you? Cause I stood on the otherside of it holding this lighter under it. For five minutes."

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharie said...

LOL! Poor Kim! Know what? If that is my brother, I would not let him get away with it. I would have found ways to get even at all!!! :p :D

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The statute of limitations on this type of revenge NEVER ends! He is primed and ready for a nice little payback if you ask me, I am sure he has forgotten! I would give it some thought he deserves payback if you ask me, does he have kids? You could always teach them some of his tricks, I am SURE he would LOVE that! LOL

Hugs, T

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, how can you let him get away with that!!! Oh, if it would have been us, our grandmother would already be tearing her hair out of her head. LOOL!!

We (Sharie, me, our brother and our cousin) used to fight a lot when we were small it always annoy our grandmother. She's babysitting us four. LOL!

It made me remember how we were able to sway (read: persuade)our brother to play girl games with us. One time, we even let him wear one of our dresses and I put make up on him. LOOL!! He got fever that same night.

Fortunately, he didnt have identity crisis whatsoever- with him being the only boy. In fact, he's kind of chauvinist in the sense that he wouldn't wear pink or any other girly colors.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home