Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sins Of The Father

I totally stole a picture of someone's grandmother.

When I was sixteen, I was asked to go pick up some corn from my grandmother to store in my mother's freezer. My grandmother already had six freezers crammed full of food from 1957 and thus had run out of room. While visiting, my grandmother began to bemoan my grandfather's failing health. She gave a laundry list of his ailments while I partially listened.

"And you know. Since he had his hernia operation, I haven't been able to have an orGANsim."

I distinctly remember saying "No she did not" to myself. Don't really deserve to have one if you can't even pronounce it. Verbally however, I only said, "Yeah. Hate that for you mamaw. Can I borrow five dollars for gas?"

5 Comments:

Blogger T-girl said...

OMG! At my daughters baptism this weekend my grandmother blurted out... "do you have any idea how long it has been since I got some?" This was followed by her point blank question to my uncle the next day on Easter of: "So R how is your sex life?" I got up, said, "that is two times in two days I have been sidelined by you and your sex fetishes grandma, I am leaving" and walked out of the room to bless my cousins with the knowledge I had gained!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Sharie said...

ROTFLOL!!! You both are sooo funny!

Kimmie...

*shakes head*!!!

2:43 AM  
Blogger sharonje927 said...

LOOOL!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, both of your grandmothers (yours and T) are just one and the same? LOOOL

Well, it's easy to get any organism, IMO. Living or otherwise, she could have chosen anything.

LOOOL!

:D :D :D

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That's my grandma's picture you stole!

Kidding of course, but she certainly does look like someone who would have an orGANism.

(thanks for visiting my blog!)

3:30 AM  
Blogger 小蘋果 said...

At least she can blame it on her age. Once during my creative writing session, one of the students told us about this biology lecturer who spoke about orgasms throughout a lecture on organisms.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home