Monday, May 07, 2007

Ode To Sequins
Thou doth not know thy power over all other embellishments,
Thou catcheth the light and transport me to decades past.

Thou hath traveled the world and seen many a wedding and a prom,
Thou cometh in little plastic pouches so that I might replace you if you come undone.

Thou colors rival the rainbows that appear after rain has fallen,
Thou come in red like apples and yellow like pollen.

Tho some would say, "NAY!" and see your presence as a curse,
Thy beggeth you to adorn my jacket and my purse.

Thou maketh thy plain tank have pizzaz and spunk,
I know I am not alone for my partner is 'funk'.

Be ye flower or butterfly, oh sequin, thou is always cute,
and ye perfectly compliment my little black boot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

All hail the mighty bedazzler!

11:38 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Why does fame destroy fashion?

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sequins, every beauty queens little helper.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home