Friday, November 23, 2007

Forty-Eight Hours And Counting...

That's how long I've spent trying to find a ballroom gown that I can wear for my Cha Cha.

I've been working my bum off for nine months taking ballroom or 'dancesport' lessons (apparently the pro's get real offended if you call it ballroom) and my first show is in two weeks. I have got a MULTITUDE of people coming to this thing because it's the first time anyone will have really seen me dance (including my husband) and I know they are expecting some sort of kindergarten recital.

I was originally asked to do the Mambo and I've been training about 20 hours a week, thanks to my type A personality. Then they asked me to do a second dance, the Cha Cha, and like the idiot I am, I agreed. I'm trying real hard not to think about the fact that the choreographer lives in Atlanta and wont be here to teach me the routine until the week of the show.

Please pray that my instructor/partner cleans under his fingernails for the event. I have enough to worry about without thinking about the questionable content underneath this lengthy nails as they grasp my hand.

So anyway, I'VE GOT TO FIND A DRESS THAT DOES NOT COST $2200! I have searched under every conceivable phrase that might encompass "Ballroom + Latin + gown" and there is simply nothing out there. It has to meet two requirements: short and sexy. There are a few out there but one, I wouldn't wear them to a cock fight and two, they are in Hong Kong and I doubt they would get here in time.

SIGH...I'm seriously considering taking up recreational drugs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Have someone video your performances because I WANNA SEE! I WANNA SEE!!!!!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ooooh, so how did it go?! I wanna see too! :D

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home